Kalliola Settlement Building
2013 - 2013
Sturenkatu 11, Helsinki
Renovation 3,715 sq.m. and extension 1,205 sq.m.
Arkkitehtuuri- ja muotoilutoimisto Talli Oy
About the project
Fira’s virtual construction model was used for the renovation and expansion of an office building (built in 1967) located in the Kallio district, Helsinki.
Focus points for the project planning:
- Sustainable solutions and good quality for the building
- Building lifespan
- Easy, certain and transparent construction
- Scheduled over an academic year
- Flexible facilities to accommodate the operations
- Total economic affordability of the construction project
“This approach has made us consider our operations in the future.”